WHY IT MATTERS
Commercial office buildings use as much as 19% of the total municipal water supply. At Commerce Court water is used in the operation of the cooling towers, for steam to heat the building and for domestic uses such as toilets and taps.
WHAT ARE WE DOING
Commerce Court property management has implemented various water conservation and efficiency measures that includes the replacement of water fixtures, and base building equipment . Specifically, all washroom fixtures throughout the Complex were replaced with low flow toilets and taps equipped with motion sensors.
Regular water audits are conducted to complement on-going monitoring of water use in the Complex.
- Turn off water while soaping hands or brushing teeth
- Rinse food from dishes to avoid repeated washing, and fully load the dishwasher for maximum use
- Choose water saving settings in your water using appliances at home and work
- Spot a leak: If you see a leak in a common area such as washrooms report it to Tenant Services by phone: (416) 364-4110 or email email@example.com. If the leak is in your office speak with your office manager
- Consider WaterSense labelled fixtures for water efficient products. To learn more, click here
- To view water conservation and efficiency tips located in our Resources section, click here.
- Have an idea you would like to share? Email us at CCsustainability@gwlra.com and we may feature it online.